Lennox celebrates 40 years in Australia
2014 marks a significant 40 year anniversary for the Lennox brand of HVAC equipment in Australia. The Lennox brand was first distributed in Australia in 1974. Today, Lennox heating & cooling products are exclusively available throughout the extensive Heatcraft Australia and New Zealand branch network and Lennox Dealer network.
Two long standing Lennox Premier Dealers who have supported the brand for many years include Murray Keller from Combined Heating and Cooling, West Gosford, NSW and Gary Blainey from Blain-Air Heating and Air Conditioning,
Murray was pleased to comment on his association with the Lennox brand. “My first involvement was with the installation of a Lennox furnace in 1978. My wife and I started our business in 1985 as a heating and cooling business in the north shore area of Sydney. We quickly realised the value of Lennox as a product range. We were able to offer a premium product that performed well and when needed were able to supply parts for after sales service. To this day they still supply a premium product that we are confident to sell to our customers.”
Garry became a Lennox Dealer in 1985 and commented, “The longevity of the brand is rare in this industry and gives confidence to my customers. The product has been great for many years and I can also rely on good technical and service support.” “No other company builds furnaces to the same quality as Lennox. They’re reliable, been around forever and very high in efficiency”.
In its 40th year in Australia, new Lennox products will include the iComfort WiFi® controller which can be remotely programmed using a smartphone, tablet or laptop. The new controller makes it easy to pre-program the temperature to ensure occupants always walk into a comfortable home environment.
The Lennox brand originated in the United States in 1895 when founder Dave Lennox built and marketed the world’s first riveted steel furnace. Since then, the Lennox brand has grown to become a leading global brand in home comfort. The Lennox brand has enjoyed an impressive history of innovation, including the introduction of solar-powered air conditioners in 1978 and the production of the industry’s first high-efficiency gas furnace in 1982.
The Lennox International Head Quarters is based in Dallas Texas, USA. The company also has manufacturing and distribution facilities across North America and Europe. The Stuttgart, Arkansas, plant maintains the shortest factory lead times in the industry while producing the largest range of factory-installed and tested, configured-to-order HVAC systems available.
The Lennox range includes a comprehensive portfolio of heating and cooling solutions for most residential and commercial applications. For more information or to view the complete Lennox range, visit www.lennoxaus.com.au or contact Heatcraft Australia on 13 23 50.
Tom Overs appointed Vice President & General Manager, Heatcraft Australia & New Zealand
Heatcraft Worldwide Refrigeration announced on the 6th January 2014 that Tom Overs has been appointed to the role of Vice President & General Manager, Heatcraft Australia and New Zealand. In addition to his extensive sales and marketing leadership experience, Tom brings 20 years of expertise in product management, aftermarket service and parts distribution to Heatcraft Australia.
Tom replaces Bill Moltner who has returned to Dallas to lead a new business opportunity in the Commercial HVAC division of Heatcraft's parent company, Lennox International.
"Tom is an individual who is passionate about satisfying customer needs and his experience and track record of success in his various senior leadership roles within the Lennox International organisation position him well to continue to drive growth within the Heatcraft Australia & New Zealand business" said David Moon, President and Chief Operating Officer - Heatcraft Worldwide Refrigeration.
With a network of over 70 wholesale outlets and distribution branches offering a broad range of HVAC&R systems, refrigerant, replacement parts and services, Heatcraft Australia is the premium wholesaler to the commercial HVAC&R industry in Australia and New Zealand.
R32 Information Update
- R32 is a synthetic HFC refrigerant designed for use in HVAC systems.
- R32 has a GWP of 650* compared to R410A, which has a GWP of 1725*. As a HFC, R32 has a zero ODP (ozone depleting potential).
- R32 is seen as a suitable alternative to R410A and R22 in air conditioning systems designed for R32.
- Air conditioning manufacturers have commenced supplying R32 charged residential air conditioning systems into the Australian market.
- R32 is not suitable as a replacement for other refrigerants in existing systems and must only be used in systems specifically designed for R32.
- R32 is not a new refrigerant. R32 is a major component of other refrigerants, making up 50% of the R410A blend and 23% of the R407C blend.
- R32 in its pure form is classified as A2 (≥ 3.5% LEL) according to AS/NZS 1677.1:1998. This classification dictates additional requirements for handling and storage that are currently being reviewed.
- While bulk supply of R32 exists in Australia, it requires 6000kPa cylinders and the majority of current cylinders in circulation are not compliant.
- Cylinder availability is dependent upon the sourcing of cylinders with the correct pressure rating and the finalising of a decision on the type of valve outlet to be fitted to the cylinders.
- Storage and handling is also a consideration and Heatcraft is currently reviewing its branch refrigerant storage facilities and handling procedures to ensure they comply with the Australian Dangerous Goods Code (ADG code).
- Due to its flammability and higher operating pressures, equipment compatibility (eg. manifolds, gauges, recovery units) must be checked. Your Heatcraft branch can assist with information on compatible equipment for R32.
- Heatcraft is preparing to make R32 product available as soon as the issues surrounding the cylinder & outlet valve are resolved.
- Heatcraft will continue to keep the industry informed on the supply of R32 as circumstances change.
- The Flammable Refrigerant Safety Guide developed by AIRAH is available for download at www.airah.org.au and outlines the OH&S risks associated with refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and systems that use flammable refrigerants.
Should you require additional information, contact your nearest Heatcraft branch or Account Manager on 13 23 50.
* Australian Government Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities, Calculator for the Import Levy and Equivalent Carbon Price for SGGs and SGG/HCFC blends, Version 1.0, 23 April, 2012.
Heatcraft back for more with Erebus Motorsport in 2014
Heatcraft Australia is pleased to announce it will extend its commercial partnership with V8 Supercars team Erebus Motorsport in 2014.
Building on a successful first year in V8 Supercars with Erebus, Heatcraft has increased its involvement with logo placement on the front guard of the Mercedes-Benz AMG E63 V8 Supercars next season.
"Heatcraft is proud to again be supporting the Erebus V8 Motorsport team in 2014," said Gavin Tory - Marketing Director for Heatcraft Australia and New Zealand.
"Our association with Erebus in 2013 has provided us with valuable opportunities to share the V8 Supercar experience with our customers and staff. Erebus have really gone the extra mile to make our partnership a success and the team's commitment and dedication to achieving at the highest level augurs well for improved performance in 2014”.
"We are very excited at the prospects of sharing in this success”, Erebus Motorsport CEO Ryan Maddison said. “2014 will be an exciting time for both the race team and the Heatcraft partnership”.
"Heatcraft started in the sport at the same time as our E63 AMG V8 Supercars and like us are looking forward to bigger things in 2014," said Maddison.
"They have introduced a new range of customers to V8s and I'm delighted to see that Erebus has helped them reach their goals through the partnership.
"Like our championship, Heatcraft touches every corner of Australia and also New Zealand. Together we continue to develop ways to engage their customers with the unique experiences that the team can provide."
Heatcraft ran a range of incentive programs with staff and customers throughout 2013, one of which included life-size cardboard driver cut-outs displayed at over 60 branches across the country. The Erebus partnership was also key to the launch of the industry leading Gas2Go refrigerant gas cylinder exchange and management system.
Heatcraft Customer Wins $100,000 in Gas2Go Promotion
Heatcraft Australia can confidently say they have one of the happiest customers in the HVAC&R industry.
NSW customer Shoreline Air-Conditioning are the ecstatic winners of $100,000 cash thanks to the recently run Heatcraft Gas 2 Go® “Race 2 Win” Promotion. By purchasing a Gas2Go® cylinder from the Heatcraft Prospect branch in April, Shoreline Air-Conditioning was drawn as the major winner and instantly received a VIP five day trip for two to the Triple Crown V8 Supercars event in Darwin. While in Darwin for the event, joint director Wade Giblett participated in the supplementary ‘Game’ for the chance to win $100,000. Wade selected a random envelope from a pool of 50, and successfully drew the major cash prize of $100,000. The draw was conducted in the presence of Heatcraft representatives and an independent Assessor.
Cousins Nathan and Wade Giblett are joint directors of the small family business based in Woonona, NSW. The cousins and their families are absolutely thrilled and amazed by the win, and extremely appreciative. “When I opened the envelope, I had to check what it meant. I couldn’t believe we’d won. We were absolutely stoked! ” commented Wade. A large percentage of the prize money will go back into the business, allowing them to expand the business they have both built from scratch.
Heatcraft Director of Marketing Au & NZ, Gavin Tory is just as thrilled as Nathan and Wade. “When we run promotions such as this, the ultimate desire is to see the major prize drawn. We couldn’t be happier for the team at Shoreline
Air-Conditioning and are so pleased their loyalty to Heatcraft has rewarded them so richly”.
The Heatcraft Gas 2 Go® “Race 2 Win” Promotion is authorised under: NSW Permit No: LTPS/13/1122; VIC Permit No: 13/292; ACT Permit No: TP13/417; SA Permit No: T13/192.